Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can i change a laptops internal video card?

I have

Acer Aspire 7740

64 Bit Windows 7 Pro

i5 Quad Core each @ 2.6 GHz

8GB DDR3

HD Intel integrated graphics

500 GB HD



kk, just wanted to get you guys more than all the info you might need

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Question ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i curently have Intel intergated Graphics on my Laptop, that otherwise is pretty good, however the graphics in games is not so good, i was wondering if it is possible to switch my IIG out for some type of better video option. I have built desktops before, and know what im doing with those, however i haven't played around with the insides of laptops much, so if somebody could help me out i would be grateful. oh, and buying a new laptop is not a helpful suggestion, thanks|||Since your laptop has the integrated graphic there is no possible way that you can change out your video adapter.



If you know about desktops then laptops are totally different monsters with very very few replaceable parts as the only ones that can swapped out are the hard drive, cd/dvd drive, memory, and in some cases the CPU if its not soldered to the motherboard. Now in the rare cases the video card can be swapped out but that's if you can find a replacement card that isn't going to cost more then a new laptop.|||Having most experience regarding desktop PC's I can't guarantee I am correct in saying the following:



Your laptop features an Intel Core i5 processor, which features a built in graphics processor. Chances are this means there is no way possible to change the graphics chip in your laptop I'm afraid.



If I talk about this like you are a complete nutbrain then don't be offended, as I like to keep things simple :P



Basically, I don't think you can change the graphics. If you want better perfomance make sure your laptop aint filled with useless stuff and turn down settings such as windows Aero and things like that.



Hope this helps!



Conor ;D|||It's possible but not really ideal. You would have to be very skilled in taking apart and putting back together laptops. Laptops are not meant to be customized. So in a short answer...no you can't change it.|||There is a possibility but I would never recommend it. By experience I find that some (Most) remind me of working on a Swiss watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment