Monday, May 7, 2012

Can I trade my laptop video card?

My Toshiba Satellite A305 is a great laptop but has a terrible video card, I saw a video of an identical laptop with a much better video card. I want to know if I can send my laptop into Toshiba and have them upgrade the card to the other ones that they manufacture. I'm thinking this should work because they're both the same laptops. Is this possible?|||Errr, probably no at a reasonable cost.



The 'video card' is built onto the mobo of the laptop so what you'd be asking Toshiba to do is rebuild the works of your laptop with new bits.



It may fit in the same case or there may be different mountings in what look like 'identical' cases. So it may mean a new case too,



And if the display is different spec you'd need the top half rebuilding too.



You'd almost certainly be better off buying the higher spec laptop and selling your old one.|||Why dn't you just call TOshiba and ask them?

No comments:

Post a Comment