Monday, May 7, 2012

Can my laptops graphics thing (not even sure if its a normal video card or what) be upgraded?

My laptop has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950. I looked it up online to see what it was and it seems that something can be plugged into it to make it better or something? I always heard that you're stuck with what you originally bought when it comes to laptops. If that is upgradable, does this mean I can upgrade other things too? Sorry for lack of details but I couldn't exactly understand what the site was talking about.|||I wouldn't mess with it. Generally with notebooks as a general rule of the thumb, unless its ram, it will be hard or expensive to upgrade, or not possible at all. Like I wanted to do the same thing with my old laptop until I realized that with the amount of money I was going to spend to upgrade, I could easily just sell the one I had and use the same amount for the upgrade to buy a new really nice notebook that I'm happy with. And if you are in the market for a new notebook I'd recommend that you check out Apple's MacBooks. They are amazing machines, and the new ones have excellent graphics capabilities which is perfect for you now. so give apple.com a shot.



Hope you find what you need. Peace.|||No.



No video upgrades. You can't add anything to improve your video.



It would have been very helpful to list make/model of the laptop.|||Generally, no. Unless you have a VERY expensive, usually custom, laptop or one of the high end Dells the graphics card is not separate, it is physically part of the motherboard.



Upgrading anything on a laptop is awkward, fiddly, time consuming and always carries the risk of damaging something critical unless you know exactly what you are doing. Experience of switching a graphics card in a desktop will be of absolutely no value either.



In essence you are correct in your observation that "you're stuck with what you originally bought when it comes to laptops."|||no ---- it is not a desktop computer (which can be upgraded)

sorry

what is with the word thing i see it everwhere-- thing thingy ????? is it a slang word for something

No comments:

Post a Comment