Friday, April 27, 2012

Question about video cards?

I have a Inspiron 6000 (DELL) laptop and want a new video card....I play zoo tycoon and it starts running choppy when there is alot goining on...Or is there any other ideas people have to help me?|||I did a bit of research here because I was curious. The above responses are both right and wrong. Yes, there are upgrades for the laptop you have, and they are as follows:



64MB DDR ATI's MOBILITY RADEON X300 PCI Express x16



128MB DDR ATI's MOBILITY RADEON X300 PCI Express x16



One is a 64MB card, and the other a 128MB card. Neither of which is a huge improvement when playing the game you mentioned. I did not include links to this upgrade because I really doubt it would help. I would take a look at how much system RAM you have. If you are not running at least 1GB, the game will never play well. If you are trying to play zoo tycoon 2 or 3, you will need a more powerful computer. I play zoo tycoon on the desktop. version 1, and I run a gig of RAM and the game slows sometimes, and I have a 256MB graphics card. It's probably not the card, just get more system RAM.



Happy gaming:)|||I'm sure it's your video card.

You only have 64MB you should get AT LEAST 128MB for that game.



You can upgrade the card. That lady is wrong. I'm gonna get you some links.



http://www.softarcade.net/Dell-W5320-128…



http://www.expressitoptions.com/0w5320-p…|||In all of the years I've been involved in tech, it's still refreshing to know that one can learn something new every day!



I was unaware that you could buy notebook video cards - but I'm thinking I'll still take the stand that most notebook video cards are not UPGRADEABLE. If you look, the cards, in most instances are small 64mb or 128mb and if you search a store like Newegg.com, you'll not find a stand alone replacement notebook video card...



The technology being what it is, upgrading notebook video cards is not yet in the hands of the end-user --- the video is still part of the config of the motherboard and hasn't come as far as the replaceable desktop video cards.



Maggie B



--------------------------------------…



You can not change the video cards on notebooks.. sorry. That technology is "out there" yet.. hopefully, someday soon!



Maggie B

No comments:

Post a Comment