Thursday, April 26, 2012

Laptops that have video cards compatible with HD?

I am looking to purchase a laptop (I would like to spend no more than $400-$600). I currently have an old Dell Inspiron 1505 laptop, but it is five years old and when I upload clips from my HD camcorder, there is a delay in picture while the audio is playing. It is my understanding that I need to have a laptop with a HD compatible video card, so I am looking for suggestions. I have found it difficult to find specific specs on many of the laptops I have been looking at online... If any of you computer genius' can provide some suggestions, I would GREATLY appreciate it! :)|||>there is a delay in picture while the audio is playing. It is my understanding that I need to have a laptop with a HD compatible video card



Actually in this situation it is more important to have a fast CPU instead of a dedicated video card, since video encoding requires processor power, not GPU power.



For a $600 budget you'd be only looking at lower end Core i3 or Core i5 laptops with integrated GPU's.



e.g Acer (Core i3, 2.53ghz, 4GB RAM, 1366 x 768 resolution)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



The Core i3 has an integrated graphics processor. It is sufficiently fast enough to handle 1080p content, but it won't handle things like 3d games or complex 3d graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment