Friday, April 27, 2012

I DID NOT START A FIRE! Anyways, is it possible to replace a laptops video card?

My laptop (bought in 2006) runs on Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, and its plain crap. Is there anyway I can replace it for an nvidia or ati?|||unfortunately, every brand of laptop that I've known doesn't support graphics upgrades. you'd have to replace the entire motherboard to improve it, granted that there is one that would fit your laptop's chassis. Sorry.|||Check with the manufacturer web site under support.



My Dell 8100 from years ago can upgrade easily to a better GeForce graphics card.



Sarge|||If you have a slot for it, you sure can update the graphics card. 2006 is not so long ago. I guess it should support it. Check with the manufacturer before buying a card.

No comments:

Post a Comment