Friday, May 4, 2012

Can I change my laptops video card?

I have a clevo m720s laptop. I would like to upgrade my video card because it only has 128 mb memory. It's video card is sis671.|||No, you cannot change the graphics card of a laptop, no matter what laptop.|||No, you can't. For these reasons:



1) Your laptop doesn't have a graphics card. It has video capability embedded in its southbridge.



2) There would be no place to put a graphics card in your laptop.



3) Your laptop has no ability to supply the power a graphics card would need.



4) Your laptop has no ability to remove the heat a graphics card would generate.



In any event, only having 128MB of memory is a blessing. The Mirage3 goes slower the more memory it has (because it spends more time managing the memory). While more memory improves graphics quality, frame rate drops dramatically. You wouldn't want it to have any more. In fact, reducing it would likely improve your frame rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment