Sunday, May 6, 2012

Change video cards on a laptop?

i want to change my video card on my laptop. It's not even a year old. It's an Acer 3620, Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73 ghz.



Is it possible?|||NO it is all intergrated into the motherboard. Take my word for it taking apart the laptop is no walk in the park...|||you cant, and even if you could, you would likely end up with overheating issues since i am assuming you want to put a better video card in there.



it gets me to wondering, would people mind extra thickness if the trade off is interchangable parts? hmm...|||not only that...if you take apart your laptop you better know how to detach the soldered video card, cause last i heard Acers hasnt inplemented a detachable video card into its systems.



Laptops arent like desktops, where you can open em and switch out components. I just recently started hearing about an external AGP card, but dont know that much about it to try and explain how it works if it will work or what not.



For most parts thats been one of the weaknesses for a laptop -- video card limitations. youre stuck with what you get when you buy it.



Ive heard theyre working on interchangeable video cards, but havent seen any company work it into their laptops yet.

I could be wrong, but I havent come across one personally yet

No comments:

Post a Comment